Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Multi Touch Interface through Frustrated Total Internal Reflection

This is my first article. I've recently found out about Jeff Hans paper "Han, J. Y. 2005.'Low-Cost Multi-Touch Sensing through Frustrated Total Internal Reflection. In Proceedings of the 18th Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology' ".

So what I'm trying to do is follow in the footsteps of the few that have already built their mock-ups and posted them up on www.instructables.com.

 I'll be guiding off of Han's paper and the instructable guides and posting the results here.

So far I've modded my old Creative pro web cam so that it now detects infrared light. I am currently trying to get a projector and deciding what bandwidth IR LED's to purchase.


No comments: